NYFA 2017 Panel Discussion - FESTIVALS OR ONLINE? What is the Best Way to Expose your Short Film to an Audience
NOTE: Please read the important notes below
Traditional film festivals used to be the go-to platform to showcase short films to a wider audience. But with so many online platforms today, are traditional festivals still relevant to a filmmaker?
This session is part of the National Youth Film Awards 2017.
Derek is one of the Co-founders of Viddsee, an online entertainment platform for short films across Asia. Derek aims to build a sustainable ecosystem for community of filmmakers and audience for awesome, authentic stories online. Derek is also a filmmaker at heart with severalshort films under his belt that have travelled to film festivals He looks forward to enable more content creation opportunities with the film community.
Leong Puiyee, Singapore International Film Festival
Puiyee is responsible for the film programmes and projects at Objectifs, as well as films under the Objectifs Films label. She has managed film events such as the Singapore Short Film Awards, cINE65 Short Film Competition and the Fly By Night Video Challenge.She is also the Programme Manager (Short Films) for the 2014-7 Singapore International Film Festival. An occasional zine artist, Puiyee has taken part in the 2013 Tokyo Art Book Fair and Print Lab: Art and Design publication exhibition under Grey Projects.
Gary Goh, mm2 Entertainment
NYFA 2017 WEEKEND (30 June and 1 July) seeks to bring outreach and awareness of the film and media industry in Singapore to a new scale with a series of talks, workshops and screenings of previous NYFA-winning films.
As part of SHINE Festival 2017, the event hopes to encourage more youths to engage in various aspects of film-making, as well as to inspire through enriching media touch points by our industry partners. These activities also aim to reverse the common understanding of Singapore’s film and media industry through creative activities that are interactive and niche. For other NYFA talks and workshops, please visit:
IMPORTANT NOTES -- PLEASE READ
1) I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by*SCAPE and the National Youth Council for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2) I will inform *SCAPE and the National Youth Council immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE and the National Youth Council are able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3) I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE and the National Youth Council to authorise third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4) I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5) I acknowledge that *SCAPE and the National Youth Council own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6) If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, I will inform *SCAPE and the National Youth Council, at the event site.
7) I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmes organised by*SCAPE and the National Youth Council, benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, electronic mailers and/or post.
- The event description was updated. Diff#254740 2017-06-16 04:00:46
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00 Free Seating FULL
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link, Level 5 Singapore
Take Passenger Lift up to Level 5 and turn left.
*SCAPE Co. Ltd3,030 Followers